| | |
About Charles E. Runels, MD
- BS in Chemistry from Birmingham-Southern College in Birmingham
- 3 years research chemist in physical chemistry department of Southern Research Institute in Birmingham
- Medical School and residency in Birmingham, Alabama
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine in 1993
- Emergency medicine for 7 years at Mobile Infirmary in Mobile, AL
- Emergency medicine at Thomas Hospital in Fairhope and at Thomas Urgent Care in Daphne for 2 years
- Two years practice in hyperbaric medicine (chamber used to treat scuba diving injuries, carbon monoxide poisoning, and serious infections) at Springhill Hospital in Mobile
- Founded the Runels Center for Lifelong Health in March of 2000 where currently practicing Internal Medicine, Nutritional and Physical rehabilitation, and Anti-Aging medicine
- Has been running since childhood; has done marathons, triathlons, fasted for days, stayed awake for days, lived with very irregular hours, and worked every day with alternating day and night shifts, meditated at retreats in the mountains, prayed, worked as nautilus instructor, swimming instructor, studied at Spain Rehab in Birmingham, ate 3 dozen raw eggs a day and 1 gallon or more of milk, lived on milk free diet, lived for 2 years as strict vegetarian, tried just about every vitamin or supplement in the health food store, milked goats, went to medical school and didn't believe every thing they said, collected fresh ginseng from the mountains and eaten other natural "supplements" too crazy to name--- all in effort to find out what really works--- what really makes people enjoy good health--where you feel energetic and strong.
- Founded LifeStream Medical, Inc. as a non-profit corpoaration that contributes to medical research and publishes medical literature. Studies thus far have included research with small pox vaccine, anti-hypertension drugs, growth hormone, menstrual cramps/PMS, antibiotics, and anti-cholesterol drugs.
Lives with his three sons in Daphne, Alabama